Simple Roasted Turkey
1. Remove giblets from turkey and wash turkey. (It's recommended that giblets be cooked conventionally.)
2. Fill cavities of turkey with stuffing, if desired. Secure openings with heavy round wooden picks or metal poultry pins. If using poultry pins, do not allow them to touch one another or the sides of oven. Cover ends of wings and legs of turkey with aluminum foil.
3. Place turkey, breast side down, on a roast rack set in a 2-quart glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 40 minutes at HIGH; rotate dish one-half turn halfway through cooking period.
4. Remove foil, turn turkey over and cover again with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 28 minutes at ROAST.
5. Rotate dish one-half turn. Insert Temperature Probe in inside thigh muscle. Cook covered in microwave oven set at 165°F and at ROAST.
6. Remove turkey from oven. Cover turkey with foil and allow to stand 20 to 30 minutes for heat to equalize; during this time internal temperature will rise.