1. Remove all the wrapping, giblets and the neck from the turkey. Wash weel with cold water, letting the water run through the turkey. Dry well with paper towles, both inside and out.
2. Place turkey in the roasting pan breast side up. Stuff both cavities loosely and then secure them shut with metal turkey skewers. Tie the legs together or tuck them under extra loose skin.
3. Mix melted butter and dried herbs together. Brush over entire turkey. Cover the roasting pan with tinfoil. Bake tureky at 375°, using the cooking time chart below.
4. Remove the tinfoil for the last hour of cooking, except for around the wings. Baste the turkey every 10 minutes.
5. Remove the tinfoil from the turkey wings for the last twenty minutes and continue baking every ten minutes.
6. The turkey is cooked when a meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 180°, bake sure you do not touch any bone.
7. Once cooked, tent the turkey with tifoil and let sit for 25-30minutes before carving.
Spoiled your whole turkey last Thanksgiving? Well, here is a detailed Holiday Roast Turkey to get a juicy roasted turkey that is cooked perfectly inside out without scorching it. The chef in the video provides a chart for the cooking time and tells when to baste and when to bake covered and when it should be uncovered to roast it perfectly. Watch every second o the video and follow the rules so you get a juicy brown holiday roasted turkey to serve.