Holiday Roast Turkey
|Turkey||1 (Fresh Or Thawed)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Dried fine herbs||1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Dried sage||1⁄3 Tablespoon|
1. Remove all the wrapping, giblets and the neck from the turkey. Wash weel with cold water, letting the water run through the turkey. Dry well with paper towles, both inside and out.
2. Place turkey in the roasting pan breast side up. Stuff both cavities loosely and then secure them shut with metal turkey skewers. Tie the legs together or tuck them under extra loose skin.
3. Mix melted butter and dried herbs together. Brush over entire turkey. Cover the roasting pan with tinfoil. Bake tureky at 375°, using the cooking time chart below.
4. Remove the tinfoil for the last hour of cooking, except for around the wings. Baste the turkey every 10 minutes.
5. Remove the tinfoil from the turkey wings for the last twenty minutes and continue baking every ten minutes.
6. The turkey is cooked when a meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 180°, bake sure you do not touch any bone.
7. Once cooked, tent the turkey with tifoil and let sit for 25-30minutes before carving.
For more information please visit: http://www.theglutensolution.com/
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.7 mg63.6%
Sodium 247.9 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.35 g0.12%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.6%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 53 g106%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet