Roast Turkey Breast Jardiniere
|Turkey breast||6 Pound (1 Whole, Fresh / Frozen, Thawed)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Sauteed mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttered green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple cranberry sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rinse turkey breast with running cold water and drain well. Place turkey breast on small rack in large open roasting pan; brush skin with salad oil. Cover turkey breast with a loose tent of foil. Insert meat thermometer through foil into thickest part of meat, being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone.
2. Roast turkey breast in 325°F. oven 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours. Start checking for doneness during last 30 minutes. To brown turkey breast, remove foil tent 20 to 30 minutes before turkey is done and, with pastry brush, brush turkey generously with pan drippings for attractive sheen.
Turkey breast is done when thermometer reaches 170°F.
3. About 1 1/4 hours before turkey breast is done, cut each potato (with its skin on) into quarters. In 4-quart saucepan over high heat, heat potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes; drain. Arrange potatoes in drippings in pan around turkey breast, turning potatoes to coat evenly with drippings. Bake 45 to 50 minutes along with turkey breast, turning occasionally, until potatoes are fork-tender and browned.
4. About 40 minutes before turkey is done, prepare Sauteed Mushrooms, Buttered Green Beans, and Apple-Cranberry Sauce; keep warm.
5. When turkey is done, remove to warm large platter; let turkey stand 10 minutes for easier carving. Keep potatoes warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5669 Calories from Fat 1947
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g333.3%
Saturated Fat 55.1 g275.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1769.2 mg589.7%
Sodium 1840.7 mg76.7%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.2%
Dietary Fiber 37.6 g150.5%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 628 g1255.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 559.3%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 241.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet