Stuffed Mini Turkey
|Turkey||6 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Ground black pepper/White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Giblets||1 (From Turkey)|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baked liver pate||5 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Bouillon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Make stuffing: Dice giblets. Brown onion, mushrooms, and giblets in butter.
2. Mix with rice, liver pate, and bouillon. Season with salt, pepper, and sage.
3. Brush turkey inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff it and close with wooden picks. Tie the legs together and place turkey on a large piece of aluminum foil.
4. Brush the turkey with melted butter and wrap the turkey in the aluminum foil.
5. Place the turkey in a roasting pan in a 400°F oven and bake for about 1 hour. Open the foil and let the turkey brown in 475°F oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cutting board.
6. Add flour and cream to juices in pan.
7. Carve the turkey: start by cutting the thighs off. Cut breast meat loose and cut in slices.
8. Place the stuffing next to the meat on a serving dish and serve with boiled or browned potatoes and boiled vegetables. Try this delicious lingonberry sauce: Mix together 1 1/2 cups lingonberry jam with juice of 2 lemons, 3-4 tablespoons orange marmalade, and 1/2 cup scalded, peeled, and chopped almonds.