Island Ahi Tartare Tiki Stack
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Thai chilies||1 Cup (16 tbs), slit lengthwise|
|Quail eggs||2 Small|
|Ahi tuna loin||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Rayu||1 Tablespoon (chili sesame oil)|
|Kula onions||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Egg yolk||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon, divided (to taste, for both the tartare and the sauce)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, divided (to taste, for both the tartare and the sauce)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 Tablespoon, pitted and chopped|
|Micro greens||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
|Balsamic syrup||1 Dash (for garnish)|
1.For the Chili Harissa Sauce: Heat a pan and add the olive oil.
2. Throw in the red bell pepper, red onions and garlic.
3. Sauté it till it gets translucent.
4. Add the tomato paste and cook until it is cooked. Care to stir so that it does not burn.
5.Pour in the lemon juice and mix it in.
6. Add the coriander, cumin, caraway seeds and paprika. Stir to get the spices incorporated.
7. Throw in the mint leaves and the coriander leaves.
8. Stir until they wilt.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Remove from heat and blend it into a fine consistency.
11.For the Ahi Tartare: In a bowl, take the minced tuna.
12.Add the rayu, kula onions and chives.
13. Pour in the egg yolk and give it a mix.
14. Add the capers and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate it.
15. For the Quail Eggs Sunny Side Up: Carefully crack open the quail eggs with a scissor. Pour in individual foil ramekins taking care not to break the yolks.
16.Heat a pan and place the ramekins on it. Let it cook for about 7- 8 minutes until the eggs looks done.
17. On a plate, brush a little of a balsamic syrup.
18.Spoon in the Chili Harissa on the side.
19. Place the crostinis on the plate.
20. Take a ring mold and spoon in the diced avocado.
21. Pack in the ahi tartare in the mold.
22. Withdraw the ring mold gradually.
23. Place a little microgreens on top of the tartare and serve.