1. Take a standard nori sheet.
2. Spread the sushi rice on it in an even layer. Do not put any rice near the ends.
3. Place the ahi tuna strip, pickled takuan radish strip and cucumber strip midway on the rice.
4. Top with a layer of shisho leaves.
5. Start rolling from one end gently squeezing the fillings within with the help of a sushi mat.
6. Place a few grains of rice along the end so that it helps the nori stick and the roll is firmly secured.
7. Put the roll in egg wash and take care to coat it well.
8. Place in seasoned flour and coat well.
9. Dip it back in egg wash and roll it in panko to coat well.
10. Drop it in the fryer and fry for 2 minutes.
11.Place the roll on the counter. Slice off the ends and cut it into 8 pieces.
12.On a plate, place the sliced sushi pieces. Spoon in the spicy sesame mayo and tonkatsu sauce by its side.
13.Sprinkle masago, black and white sesame seeds and garnish with radish sprouts and serve.
The video Ahi Katsu Roll is in 2 parts. This is Part 1. Please watch the other part for the full recipe.