Curried Tuna Bisque
|Carrot||1 Large, shredded|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, diced|
|Canned water packed tuna||7 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 can)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Skim milk/2% low-fat milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Cooking sherry/Dry wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon, mixed with skim milk to form a soupy paste|
1) Take a 4 quart saucepan and heat oil in it.
2) Add onions, carrot, celery and onions. Cook over medium heat until vegetables become tender, stirring occasionally.
3) Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
4) Remove the pan from heat. Add tuna and tomatoes along with their liquid.
5) Take a blender container and blend one-third of the tuna mixture in it at medium speed until mixture becomes very smooth.
6) Transfer the blended mixture to a medium size bowl.
7) Repeat the process with another third.
8) Return the mixture to the saucepan along with the remaining third and add sherry, milk, bouillon and flour.
9) Boil for about 1 minute or until thick. Reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes or more.
10) Spoon out in bowls and garnish with shredded carrot. Serve immediately.