Tuna Fish Pâté
|Tuna fish||14 Ounce, drained and flaked (2 cans, 200 g/7 oz each)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||4 (for garnishing)|
|Parsley sprig||2 (for garnishing)|
1. In a blender container, combine the tuna, butter and oil; work to a smooth puree.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, beat well to mix thoroughly.
3. To freeze: cool quickly and then chill in the refrigerator until firm.
4. Once firm, turn out the P-té very carefully and wrap in foil and then cover with a freezer bag; seal the bag and freeze for later use.
5. Label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
6. To thaw: Remove from the wrap and place on a serving platter. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
7. Arrange the P-té on a serving platter and serve cut into thick slices.
8. Garnish with lemon wedges and sprinkle few parsley sprigs.
P-té can be served either hot or cold, but it is considered to develop its fullest flavor after a few days of chilling.