Tuna Cheese Chowder
|Carrots||2 Medium, shredded to make 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can, 6 1/2 Or 7 Ounce)|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|American cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make 1 cup|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped (For Garnish)|
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook carrots and onion till onion is tender but not brown.
2. Blend in flour, milk and chicken broth; cook till mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
3. Stir in tuna, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, and salt, heat through but do not boil.
4. Add cheese; heat and stir till cheese is melted.
5. Arrange the soup into individual bowl and equally divide the fish and vegetables among each serving.
6. Garnish with snipped chives.
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg25.7%
Sodium 677.6 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 120.7% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 35% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet