Tuna Cheese Chowder
|Carrots||2 Medium, shredded to make 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can, 6 1/2 Or 7 Ounce)|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|American cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make 1 cup|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped (For Garnish)|
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook carrots and onion till onion is tender but not brown.
2. Blend in flour, milk and chicken broth; cook till mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
3. Stir in tuna, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, and salt, heat through but do not boil.
4. Add cheese; heat and stir till cheese is melted.
5. Arrange the soup into individual bowl and equally divide the fish and vegetables among each serving.
6. Garnish with snipped chives.