Tuna Pate With Beans
|Dried navy beans||1 Pound (2 cups)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 can)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot red pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|Eggs||4 , hard-cooked, shelled|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For tuna pate|
|Canned tuna||21 Ounce, drained (3 cans, 7-oz each)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Red hot pepper sauce||2 Drop|
|Curly endive||2 (Crisp)|
|Red pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Pitted black olives||3|
|Lemon||1 , peeled, cut in narrow strips|
1) Wash beans and remove the imperfect ones.
2) In a pan add water and cover beans with 2 quarts cold water.
3) Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain out.
4) In a 6-quart kettle put beans, undiluted beef broth, crushed garlic and 3 cups water.
5) Boil, simmer and cook covered for 1 hour.
6) Drain out and transfer into a large bowl.
7) Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 3 drops red-pepper sauce and toss.
8) Halve 4 eggs lengthwise and remove the yolk. Keep the yolk aside and chop the egg whites.
9) Mix egg whites and parsley to bean mixture.
10) Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
11) To make Tuna pate take a 3 or 4-cup decorative mold or 7 1/2-by-3 1/2-by-2'/2-inch loaf pan and brush oil on the inside.
12) In a food processor mix tuna, 1/2 cup salad oil, the Parmesan cheese, reserved egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, salt and red-pepper sauce. Process until smooth.
13) Turn into prepared mold.
14) Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
15) Line serving dish with curly endive.
16) Mound beans into prepared dish and garnish with red-pepper strips.
17) With a spatula loosen pate around inside edge.
18) Unmold on top of beans.
19) Decorate with halved black olives and lemon strips.