Tuna Bowl Surprise
|For pastry bowl|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Iceberg lettuce/Romaine lettuce leaves||8|
|Tomato slices||8 (Each About 1/4-Inch Thick)|
|Canned tuna||12 Ounce, drained|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Enriched all purpose flour||23 Teaspoon (1/2 Cup Less 1 Teaspoon)|
|Mayonnaise||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Green bell pepper rings||8|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) To make the Pastry Bowl, combine together the salt and margarine in a small saucepan.
3) Add water and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat and add the flour all at once, constantly stirring, till the mixture has formed a ball. Take the pan off the heat.
5) With an electric mixer, beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition till the mixture is smooth.
6) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray an 8 or 9-inch pie plate.
7) Spread he dough over the plateâ€™s bottom but do not spread up the sides.
8) Bake in preheated oven till the dough is puffed and golden brown in color. This takes about 30 minutes of baking.
9) Take the pastry out of the plate and place on the wire rack. Allow to cool.
10) As soon as the pastry has cooled, either use it immediately or wrap in a plastic wrap to store.
11) To make the filling and to serve, line the pastry bowl with lettuce leaves right before serving and top the lettuce with tomato slices.
12) Combine together all the remaining ingredients, except for the rings, in a separate bowl.
13) Over the tomato slices , spread the mixture evenly.
14) Serve after garnishing with green pepper rings.