Rotelle, Tuna, And Summer Vegetables In A Balsamic Vinaigrette
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Cucumbers||2 , peeled, seeded, and cubed|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Red onion||1 Small, peeled and julienned|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded, and julienned|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded, and julienned|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), snipped|
|Solid white tuna packed in water||13 Ounce, drained, flaked (Two 6 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
1) Take a pot of large size and boil some water which has been lightly salted.
2) Add the Rotelle and cook for 7 minutes without letting it become al-dente or soft.
3) Drain the water and run some cold water over it.
4) Take a bowl and place the vinegar, garlic, and mustard in it.
5) Whisk them together and keep drizzling the olive oil slowly during the whisking process.
6) Add seasoning of salt and pepper.
7) Take a large sized bowl and mix rest of the ingredients with the cooked pasta.
8) Toss them and mix the dressing along with the seasonings.
9) Keep it refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours after covering the bowl.
10) Serve chilled.