Simple Tuna Supper
|Fresh bread slice||3 , folded|
|Natural cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, chilled, cut to fit food chute|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Canned tuna||13 Ounce, drained, flaked (2 Cans Of 6 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Canned chinese vegetables||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. In a food processor bowl, attach the shredding disk.
2. Add the bread slices and grind to crumbs. Remove in a bowl.
3. Add the cheese and shred finely and place separately.
4. In 10-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
5. Add bread crumbs and sauté them until lightly browned.
6. Tip them into a small mixing bowl.
7. In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium low heat.
8. Stir in flour and sauté in butter until well blended and cooked.
9. Gradually pour in chicken broth, stirring quickly until blended to a smooth mixture.
10. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly until it thickens and is bubbly.
11. Add the tuna, vegetables and shredded cheese and stir until thoroughly mixed.
12. Continue to simmer the sauce for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
13. Dish out into a casserole dish.
14. Cover with buttered toasted breadcrumbs and serve hot.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.1 mg34.4%
Sodium 1425.6 mg59.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 45 g89.8%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 42.9% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet