|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped peanuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Bottled oil and vinegar salad dressing||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make sandwich spread by blending mayonnaise or salad dressing and curry powder.
2. Refrigerate until required.
3. In a medium bowl, combine tuna and oil-and-vinegar dressing and toss well to coat.
4. In a small bowl, combine carrots, onions and peanuts.
5. Fold in half the prepared sandwich spread into this mixture.
6. Slice rolls into halves.
7. Spread remaining half sandwich spread on top halves.
8. From the bottom half scoop out soft bread to make a pit, leaving 1/4inch shell.
9. Spoon vegetable mixture into the pit
10. Top with spoonfuls of tuna mixture
11. Replace top halves and lightly press down to pack the filling and prevent it from falling out.
12. Serve right away or wrap each in cling film, foil or wax paper and chill
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 564.5 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet