Tuna Steaks with Fragrant Spices and Lime
|Tuna steaks||24 Ounce (4 Steaks, 175 G/6 Oz Each)|
|Finely grated lime rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||1 (Cilantro, To Garnish)|
1. Trim the skin from the tuna steaks, rinse and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lime rind, garlic, olive oil, cumin, ground coriander and pepper to make a paste.
3. Spread the paste thinly on both sides of the tuna. Heat a non-stick, ridged frying pan (skillet) until hot and press the tuna steaks into the pan to seal them. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and transfer to a serving plate.
4. Sprinkle the lime juice and chopped coriander (cilantro) over the fish.
5. Serve with freshly made avocado relish lime wedges and tomatoes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1111 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.6 mg86.2%
Sodium 318.5 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 160 g319.9%
Vitamin A 299.9% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet