Tuna Hominy Bake
|Hominy||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tuna in oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Minced onion/1/2 teaspoon onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Drain the hominy well and set aside.
2. Drain canned tuna reserving the oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 375° F
4. Grease a baking dish or casserole with butter.
5. In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved tuna oil.
6. Add flour and salt and stir to blend into the oil
7. Gradually pour in the tomato juice, stirring and cook until thick.
8. Tip in onion and ripe olives and stir into the sauce.
9. Layer 2/3 of the hominy in the baking dish.
10. Arrange tuna pieces on top.
11. Cover with remaining hominy.
12. Pour sauce into the casserole.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
14. Serve straight from the casserole.