Chocolate truffle is a confectionery with chocolate ganache filling and coated with chocolate or cocoa powder. The filling can be made with toffee, nougat, chocolate chips, caramel. The chocolate truffle recipe changes with places. American truffle has dark chocolate in it, the Canadian truffle has graham cracker. There are Eurpoean and Swiss Truffles also with some variations.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shaved or grated
1. Put cashews and cold water into a blender, and blend for 1-2 minutes.
2. Scoop sides of blender to get all cashew pieces back to the center, and continue blending unti mixture is the consistency of heavy cream.
3. In a double boiler hat chocolate until it melts.
4. Cool chocolate until it melts enough to work with and begin to fold in cashew cream slowly. Be careful not to create bubbles while folding the cashew cream into the melted chocolate.
5. Cool in refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
6. Take out of refrigerator and role into small balls with your hands.
7. Once the chocolate is in a ball, drop the ball into the bowl full of coconut and roll it around until all sides are covered.
For more information please visit: http://www.eat-me-tv.com
The recipe of chocolate truffles change along with the change in the geographical locations. Some use dark chocolate whereas some prefer graham crackers. This recipe however focuses on preparing the traditional American truffle specially for people on a vegan diet. watch the video now and learn how Kim Shields prepares these Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut.
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin C 0.62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Vegan Chocolate Truffles With Coconut Recipe Video