Chocolate Truffle Cake
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|White chocolate||5 Ounce|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Plain chocolate||5 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees centigrade. Grease well and line a 9-inch round cake tin.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, add eggs and sugar and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is raised. Remove from the heat.
3. Finely grate 1 ounce white chocolate. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold the chocolate and flour into the egg mixture.
4. Turn the chocolate & flour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 12-15 minutes, until firm to the touch.
5. Into a large heatproof bowl, break the remaining white chocolate, stand over the pan of simmering water and heat until melted. Add syrup and beat with a wooden spoon to make a paste. Remove from the heat. Cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes.
6. Into a small pan, pour the cream, break in the plain chocolate and heat gently, stirring until melted. Transfer to a clean bowl and whisk until thick.
7. On to a wire cooling rack, remove the cooked cake from the oven. Drizzle over the rum. Spread the chocolate truffle mixture over the sponge, spreading a little down the sides.
8. Roll the icing into 3 balls then roll out thinly into 4 inch circles. Cut the circles in half and crimp the curved edges with your fingers to make them wavy. Press them around the top edge of the cake.
9. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving. Serve cool.
Calories 1379 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.7%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g146.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 220 mg73.3%
Sodium 219.2 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.4%
Sugars 108.6 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet