|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), processed in food processor until it is the consistency of powdered sugar|
|Carob chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Prepare a double boiler pan, by placing a small saucepan, filled with 3 inches water over medium low heat.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, honey, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of the prepared coconut sugar.
4. Use a wire whisk to beat the mixture until light and smooth.
5. In a small pan (one that fits snugly over the saucepan of simmering water) combine the carob chips and the butter and place it over the double boiler pan.
6. Allow the carob and butter to melt until smooth. Stir occasionally.
7. Gradually pour the melted carob butter into cheese mixture, in a steady stream, while whisking constantly.
8. Allow the mixture to cool until it is easy enough to handle.
9. Shape the mixture into walnut size balls, rolling the mixture between palms you palms.
10. Coat each Truffle with Coconut Sugar by rolling in it and arrange of the baking sheet Place baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill and harden the Carob Truffles.
11. Place each ball in a foil or paper sweet case and serve cold.