Chocolate Truffle Pie
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 Ounce, broken (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1|
|Whipping cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Heat the milk and chocolate over moderate-low heat in a saucepan. Stir well till blended.
3) Combine together the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
4) Beat the egg till they are just blended and add to the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
5) Stir well to blend.
6) Stir in the chocolate mixture very gradually.
7) Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cover the crust with foil during the final 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
9) Cool the pie for a few minutes. On cooling, the filling will somewhat thicken.
10) Serve the pie warm, at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with dollops of whipped cream. Makes a good dessert.