Tia Maria Truffle Tartlets
|Double heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Seedless blackberry jam||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 3/4 Cup)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate/Seedless raspberry jam||150 Gram, broken|
|Tia maria liqueur||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Mixed berries||1 Pound (450 Gram, 4 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||8 Ounce (Plain, 225 Gram, 2 Cups)|
|Superfine caster sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||5 Ounce, diced (150 Gram, 2/3 Cup)|
|Strong brewed coffee||30 Milliliter, chilled (30 Milliliter)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6, placing a large baking sheet in the oven to heat. To make the pastry, sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Blend the egg yolk with the coffee, add to the bowl and mix to a stiff dough. Knead on a floured surface for a few seconds until smooth. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Roll out the pastry and use to line six 10cm/4in fluted tartlet tins (mini quiche pans). Prick the bases with a fork and line with foil and baking beans. Place on the hot baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans, and bake for a further 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool in the tins.
3. To make the filling, slowly bring the cream and 175g/6oz/generous 1/2 cup of the jam to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate and 30ml/2 tbsp of the liqueur. Stir until melted. Leave to cool, then spoon the mixture into the pastry cases, and smooth the tops. Place on a baking tray and chill for 40 minutes.
5. Heat the remaining jam and liqueur and stir until smooth. Arrange the fruit on the tarts, then brush the jam glaze over. Chill until ready to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4437 Calories from Fat 2244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 257 g394.8%
Saturated Fat 156.5 g782.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 818.7 mg272.9%
Sodium 138.6 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 513 g171.1%
Dietary Fiber 33 g131.9%
Sugars 287.3 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 145.7% Vitamin C 137.4%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 87.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet