Homemade Chocolate Truffles
|Bittersweet chocolate||2 Pound|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cardamom||10 , crushed (Use Whole Pods)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted coconuts||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1) In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and cardamon pods over medium heat for 5 minutes until simmering.
2) In a large bowl, strain the hot heavy cream over the chocolate, cover with a plastic wrap and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
3) Using a rubber spatula, stir gently, starting in the middle of bowl and working in concentric circles until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
4) Pour the mixture into an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5) Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator and shape into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands.
6) Then coat the truffles with either the cocoa powder, almonds or coconut.
7) Serve the truffles at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.