|Chopped hazelnuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce, cut into small pieces (50 Gram)|
|Trifle sponge cakes||4 Ounce, sieved to make crumbs (125 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram, Plus Extra For Dusting)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (Extra For Dusting)|
|Brandy||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chocolate vermicelli||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
1. Spread the hazel nuts on an ovenproof plate and microwave on HIGH for 30-45 seconds until they are lightly browned, then cool.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put them into a medium ovenproof glass bowl with the butter pieces. Microwave on LOW for about 1-2 minutes until the butter melts and the chocolate is soft and glossy on top. Remove the chocolate and butter mixture from the oven and stir it well until it becomes smooth.
3. Stir the cake crumbs, icing sugar, hazel nuts and brandy into the chocolate and butter, mixing well.
4. Cover the truffle mixture and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until it is firm enough to handle.
5. Lightly dust your fingers with a little icing sugar, roll the truffle mixture into about 20 small balls and then roll each one in the chocolate vermicelli to coat completely.
6. Place the truffles on a foil-lined baking sheet and refrigerate them until they become firm, then cover them with cling film and keep them refrigerated until they are required.
7. Remove the truffles from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving and leave them at cool room temperature. Arrange them in a serving dish and serve the truffles with coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2346 Calories from Fat 1147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.3%
Saturated Fat 51.8 g259%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 19.6 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.3%
Sugars 184.5 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.2% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet