|Trout||7 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch-thick steaks (With Skin On)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large shallow dish keep fish.
2. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture on fish, cover and marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning in between.
4. Prepare charcoal fire in smoker. Let the fire burn for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cover coals with large pieces of green hickory.
6. Keep water pan in the smoker and fill with water.
7. Add hot water to cover pan, if required.
8. Keep upper food rack on appropriate shelf in smoker.
9. Put the trout steaks on food rack.
10. Cover with smoker lid and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
11. Serve hot.
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.5 mg51.2%
Sodium 2078.1 mg86.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 55 g109.9%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet