Trout Au Bleu
|Fresh trout/Bass||6 , cleaned|
|Mild vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
|Capers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained|
1) Trim the fish and split down back.
2) In a skillet, combine the vinegar and chicken broth together.
3) Add the bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add the fish into the broth and simmer for another 15 minutes, or until tender.
5) Caper Sauce : In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients together.
6) Place over a low heat until the sauce is just warm.
7) Serve the Trout au Bleu immediately on a platter with the Caper Sauce.