Charlie's Pan-Fried Trout
|Trout||1 1⁄2 Pound, pan dressed|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and rinse the fish under running water to ensure that the fish is completely clean
2. Pat dry and slice it to open flat.
3. In a separate bowl, place the flour and sage and mix well
4. Sprinkle this coating on top of the fish and pat the coating well into the fish. Shake off the excess and set aside
5. In a large10-inch chef style fry pan, pour in the oil and heat it over medium heat
6. Once the pan is heated to medium heat, place the fish on the pan and sautÃ© for 3-4 minutes or till golden brown on both sides
7. Using a flat spatula, carefully turn the fish over and then sautÃ© for five minutes or till the fish flakes.
8. Remove the fish to a serving plate and keep warm in a warming oven till required
9. Add the mushrooms to the same pan and then cook the mushrooms for a minute till tender
10. Add the green onions and the lemon juice to the pan to season the mushrooms. The mushrooms will release their water resulting in a thin gravy
11. Add salt and pepper to taste
12. Gently pour this sauce over the fish on the serving plate.
13. Garnish with lemon slices and cut chives
14. Serve immediately