Bacon & Rice Stuffed Trout
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley/1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. On a microwave grilling rack, arrange the bacon slices.
2. Cover them with double sheets of paper toweling.
3. Microwave on HIGH for just about 4 minutes or until crisp.
4. Place bacon on paper toweling and let cool slightly before crumbling into a bowl.
5. To make the stuffing, to the bacon add the remaining ingredients except the fish.
6. Stuff each fish with about 1/4 of this mixture.
7. Arrange the fish on roasting rack over a microwaveable pan.
8. Use waxed paper to cover the fish. This will help to prevent the fish from drying while cooking.
9. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
10. Cook the fish for not more than 14 1/2 minutes, turning and rearranging them half way through cooking time, just until fish is flakey when tested with a fork.
11. Allow the fish to stand covered for 2 minutes to absorb the flavors.
12. Serve one fish per serving, accompanying with lemon wedges and a tossed salad if you like.