Quick Baked Trout
|Bacon slice||1 , cut into strips|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Trout||1 , cleaned|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , quartered lengthways|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the bacon and fry for 1-2 minutes, until the fat begins to run. Add the leek and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Make 3 slashes in each side of the trout and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Reserve one lemon wedge. Cut the peel and pith away from the rest and place in the cuts on one side of the trout with the fennel.
4. Place the leek and bacon on a large rectangle of foil, lay the trout on top and pour over the wine.
5. Fold the foil over to make a parcel and place on a baking sheet. Cook in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F, for 15 minutes. A guide to determine whether the trout is cooked is the colour of the eyes: when they are white the trout will be cooked.
6. Transfer the trout and vegetables to a warmed serving plate. Serve with the reserved lemon wedge.