|Brook/Lake trout/other freshly caught fish||4|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
2. With vegetable peeler or fish scaler, remove scales from fish. With sharp knife, cut off head and gut fish. Cut 3 slashes on each side of fish (cutting slashes in thick part of fish allows it to cook faster and more evenly). Rinse fish with cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
3. Into small metal-handled saucepan, measure butter or margarine, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, and cracked pepper.
4. Heat butter mixture on grill until butter melts. Brush inside of fish generously with butter mixture.
5. Place fish in large wire barbecue basket or on heavy-duty foil on grill. Cook fish over medium heat about 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with butter mixture, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.