Raspberry Angel Trifle
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Liqueur||1 Tablespoon (Cherry Flavored / Almond Flavored)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Envelopes)|
|Dessert topping mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use It Cold)|
|Whole frozen raspberries||12 Ounce, thawed and well drained (1 Package)|
|8 inch angel food cake||1 , torn into bite-sized pieces to make about 10 cups|
1) Take a medium saucepan and combine liqueur with 1 1/2 cups buttermilk. Sprinkle with gelatin and leave for about 5 minutes to soften.
2) Cook the mixture over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring repeatedly.
3) Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
4) Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk and refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until chilled.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together milk and dessert topping mix. Beat at high speed until soft peaks begin to form.
6) Scrape the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes or until stiff peaks are formed.
7) Add the prepared topping to cooled buttermilk mixture and beat at high speed for about 30 seconds or until creamy and soft.
8) Fold in raspberries and spoon out 1/3 of mixture at the bottom of a 3 quart bowl.
9) Layer with the remaining cake pieces and filling mixture.
10) Refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight.
11) Slice and serve. Store any remaining dessert in the refrigerator.