|Sponge cakes||6 Small|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Pears||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Thick custard||1⁄2 Pint|
|Thick cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Castor sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Pink coloring||3 Drop|
|Angelica pieces||4 Small (few cloves)|
|Cooking sherry||3 Tablespoon, made up to 1/4 pint with syrup from the can of pears|
1. Split the cakes into layers and cover one side of each layer with jam. Place them neatly in a glass trifle dish
2. Soak the cake with the pear juice and the sherry and let it soak
3. Coat the cake slices with the custard that is made while its still hot. Leave it aside to chill.
4. When the custard is chilled, arrange the pears on top of the cake mix and ensure that the rounded side of the pear is uppermost
5. Put the cream into a basin and add the castor sugar, vanilla essence to the pan and mix well. Add pink coloring to the pan and mix well again. Whip the cream till it is nice and thick
6. Pour the cream over the pears and settle the layer properly
7. Pipe the pears through the piping bag and fill the space in-between the pears till they are completely covered.
8. Place a small piece of angelica to represent the stalk of the pears on the top of the pear. Place a small clove on the base of each pear to represent the end of the pear.
9. Serve completely chilled