|Canned fruit||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 Small tin)|
|Sponge cake/Slices of plain cake||3|
|Custard powder||3⁄4 Pint|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Fruit/Glace cherries||2 (Tinned, for garnish)|
1. Cut a day old (or left over) sponge cake in half; sandwich together the two half with jam spread in between. And further cut the sandwiched cake into 1 inch cubes.
2. In a separate saucepan, add custard powder, milk and sugar and heat, bring to a boil stirring continuously to avoid lump formation and remove from heat.
3. Take the fruit from the tin and cut into even sized dices. Put them together with cake cubes in aglass serving dish and add the fruit syrup from the tins to moisten the cake just enough. Allow it to sit for an hour.
4. Now coat the cake and the fruits with the prepared hot custard and allow to cool.
5. Serve cool, garnished with whipped cream and cut fruit or glazed cherries and angelica leaves.