|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Custard powder||3 Tablespoon (Use Imported)|
|Sponge cake slices||6|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned peaches||1 3⁄4 Pound, sliced (1 Can, Of 1 Pound 13 Ounce)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), split|
1) Cut sponge into small pieces and spread jam over it.
2) At the bottom and sides of a serving dish, arrange the sponge pieces.
3) Drain peaches.
4) Reserve a few peaches for decoration and arrange the rest on top of sponge.
1) Blend 6 tbsp of the milk with the custard powder and sugar.
2) Bring remaining milk to a boil, then pour onto powder and stir well.
3) Return to pan and bring back to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
4) Put to one side to cool, covering surface with wet wax paper to prevent a skin forming.
5) Mix 3 tbsp of syrup from can with the sherry and sprinkle over the sponge.
6) Remove wax paper and beat cooled custard well.
7) Pour over fruit and chill for 1 hour.
8) Whip cream until stiff, then pipe onto trifle.
9) Decorate the trifle with reserved peaches and sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve as dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4575 Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.8%
Saturated Fat 46.4 g232.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1140.3 mg380.1%
Sodium 3204.1 mg133.5%
Total Carbohydrates 849 g283%
Dietary Fiber 25 g99.9%
Sugars 549.6 g
Protein 80 g159.8%
Vitamin A 195.9% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 143.1% Iron 154.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet