|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Custard powder||3 Tablespoon (Use Imported)|
|Sponge cake slices||6|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned peaches||1 3⁄4 Pound, sliced (1 Can, Of 1 Pound 13 Ounce)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), split|
1) Cut sponge into small pieces and spread jam over it.
2) At the bottom and sides of a serving dish, arrange the sponge pieces.
3) Drain peaches.
4) Reserve a few peaches for decoration and arrange the rest on top of sponge.
1) Blend 6 tbsp of the milk with the custard powder and sugar.
2) Bring remaining milk to a boil, then pour onto powder and stir well.
3) Return to pan and bring back to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
4) Put to one side to cool, covering surface with wet wax paper to prevent a skin forming.
5) Mix 3 tbsp of syrup from can with the sherry and sprinkle over the sponge.
6) Remove wax paper and beat cooled custard well.
7) Pour over fruit and chill for 1 hour.
8) Whip cream until stiff, then pipe onto trifle.
9) Decorate the trifle with reserved peaches and sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve as dessert.