Strawberry Lemon Trifle
|Instant vanilla pudding||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Skim milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Yogurt||12 Ounce, flavored|
|Angel food cake||1|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, rinsed|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
1) As per the directions on the package, make the vanilla pudding with 1 Â¾ cups skim milk.
2) Once the pudding has thickened, add the yogurt and stir till the ingredients have blended well.
3) Cut the angel food cake into cubes of 1-inch each.
4) In order to assemble the trifle, on the bottom of a deep glass bowl, place 1/3rd of the cake cubes.
5) Over the cake, spread 1/3rd of the pudding mixture.
6) Repeat the cake, pudding and strawberries layers about 2 more times, till the ingredients are all used up.
7) Sprinkle sliced toasted almonds all over and serve the trifle at room temperature or chilled as a dessert.