|Sponge cake piece||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Leftover Pieces, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Canned fruit juice/Sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|For lemon custard|
|Custard powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (Use Finely Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce|
|Toasted flaked almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Use the base of 2 individual glass serving dishes, to place the broken pieces of sponge cake.
2) Sprinkle with fruit juice or sherry to moisten.
3) In another small basin, combine the custard powder with a little of the milk to make a thin smooth paste.
4) Use a saucepan, to pour the remaining milk and bring back almost to the boil.
5) Stir into the blended custard powder, mix well and pour back into the milk saucepan.
6) Fold in the grated lemon rind and stir over moderate heat until thickened and boiling.
7) Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.
8) Allow cooling by occasional stirring.
9) Pour the custard over sponge cake. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and place inside refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
10) Serve by topping with fresh cream.