Hot Tipsy Trifle
|Stale madeira cake slices||6|
|Red currant jelly||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned peach slices||28 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Custard powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Frozen egg whites||2 , thawed (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
1) Take a larger, straight sided ovenproof dish and place the cake slices in it. Pour jelly on top to make a sponge base.
2) Now, add cointreau on the top and spread the peaches. In a clean bowl, combine mustard with 2 tbsp of milk and mix well.
3) Take a saucepan and pour the remaining milk in it with the sugar. Heat the mixture.
4) Pour the hot milk over custard powder and blend well. Return the mixture to heat and bring to a boil.
5) Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. One done, remove the pan from heat and set aside to cool a bit.
6) Now, whisk in the egg yolks and pour the custard mixture over the peaches in the dish. Allow to cool.
7) Serve warm.