Whipping up a holiday dessert like Banana Berry Valentine Trifle with kids is the perfect way to get some holiday bonding time in. It is a tasty treat to have for your Valentines day meal. So, this valentine make sure you take out time to cook with kids. Banana Berry Valentine Trifle is a simple, easy to cook with kids recipe that is fun to make and fun to eat.
2 , lightly beaten
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 , mashed
1. In a saucepan, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly stir in the milk and heat it until the it’s hot, but not boiling.
3. Temper the eggs by slowly stirring some of the hot liquid into the eggs to bring them to temperature without cooking them.
4. Then, add the egg/liquid mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
5. Next stir in the vanilla, butter and the mashed banana.
6. Let the mixture cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients for the trifle.
1. Before compiling your trifle, cut the berries into quarters and cut the angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Once the custard has cooled, you’ll be ready to assemble!
2. Start by layering 1/3 of the cake on the bottom of your trifle bowl. The next layer is 1/3 of the custard and then 1/3 of the berries. Continue this layering 2 more times.
3. Top it with your whip cream and some additional berries for decoration. Serve immediately.
This video is a creation of 2kidscooking. You can visit 2kidscooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
It’s the holiday season and your wondering how to get your kids engaged! Then involve them in some cooking and you not only have fun the kids are going to be super excited! That's what this video is all about, though this is a home made video the style or presentation can be ignored!