|Frozen butter pound cake||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 In Number)|
|Raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches/2 cups sliced fresh peaches||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers. Spread preserves between layers. Reassemble layers and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
2. In 4-cup glass measure, stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high 61/2 minutes or until bubbling, stirring twice during cooking.
3. In small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to eggs, stirring constantly. Return egg mixture to hot milk, stirring constantly. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds or until slightly thickened, stirring once during cooking. Stir in vanilla.
4. Arrange 1/2 of the cake pieces in 2-quart bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the sherry. Top with 1/2 of the peaches, then 1/2 of the custard. Repeat layers with remaining cake, sherry, peaches and custard. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
5. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3584 Calories from Fat 1112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.7%
Saturated Fat 71.3 g356.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1019.8 mg339.9%
Sodium 1602.3 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 533 g177.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 409.7 g
Protein 61 g121.5%
Vitamin A 134.6% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 103.1% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet