|Frozen butter pound cake||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 In Number)|
|Raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches/2 cups sliced fresh peaches||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers. Spread preserves between layers. Reassemble layers and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
2. In 4-cup glass measure, stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high 61/2 minutes or until bubbling, stirring twice during cooking.
3. In small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to eggs, stirring constantly. Return egg mixture to hot milk, stirring constantly. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds or until slightly thickened, stirring once during cooking. Stir in vanilla.
4. Arrange 1/2 of the cake pieces in 2-quart bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the sherry. Top with 1/2 of the peaches, then 1/2 of the custard. Repeat layers with remaining cake, sherry, peaches and custard. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
5. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.