Part 2 - New York Steak, Green Beans & Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
|For the steak|
|New york strip steak||2 Medium|
|Salt and pepper||2 Teaspoon (Or Seasoning blend of your choice)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the green beans|
|Green beans||250 Gram|
|Baby tomatoes||100 Gram (cut in half)|
|For the mushroom sauce|
|Portabella mushroom caps||250 Gram, slice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the mash potatoes|
|Red potatoes||2 Pound, dice|
|Roasted garlic||1 Large|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a skillet heat olive oil and butter add the mushrooms and garlic sauté, both the ingredients well for few minutes and then add the thyme. Cook for further 10 minutes.
2. Add some dry white wine to the mushrooms and let simmer for few minutes until reduced. Then add the cream and reduce the heat. Simmer the mushroom sauce for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
3. Boil the potatoes in a large pot in some salt water for 20-30 minutes, and once done dice the potatoes so that they can be mashed at a later stage.
4. In the meantime you can sprinkle salt and pepper and olive well on both sides of the steaks. Heat the grill pan over medium to medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the hot grill pan and cook for about 8 to 9 minutes. (Once the steaks are placed on the grill don’t move them around, you want good grill marks.) Turn the steaks over on the second side and place the pan in the oven for another 7 to 8 minutes at 300 degrees F. Once done, place the steaks on a plate let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
5. To the diced potatoes, add the chicken broth along with the butter, salt and pepper and mash with the potato masher. Once done reheat on medium heat for 10 minutes then add the roasted garlic and mix them well.
6. For the green beans, in a skillet pour some olive oil, add garlic & beans and sauté for few minutes. Then add the tomatoes and toss for 3 minutes.
7. On a serving plate place the steak top with mushroom sauce and serve mash potatoes and green beans on the side.
To make the roasted garlic, take 1 head of garlic cut it in half and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper covered it with a foil and cooked it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degree F.