If you love peanut butter, then you'll just love this Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake! Vickie thinks the frosting tastes like peanut butter fudge! Sound good? Watch the video!
For the cake
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided (1 cup for cake and 1/2 cup for frosting)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided (1/4 cup for cake and 1/4 cup for peanut butter icing)
2 Teaspoon, divided (i teaspoon for cake and 1 for frosting)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For the frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 15 X 10” jelly baking pan, set aside.
1. In a bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt for the dry ingredients.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat together butter, water and peanut butter and bring to boil.
3. Add the hot peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients, mix well and set aside.
4. In another bowl combine the eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
5. Add egg mixture to the peanut butter-flour mixture and mix well until incorporated thoroughly.
6. Spread this batter on the greased rolling pan and bake it for 20 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently touched.
For the Frosting:
7. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, peanut butter, milk and bring to boil.
8. Remove pan off the heat add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir to a spreading consistency.
9. Spread this frosting over the baked cake and let it sit for few minutes.
10. Cut the peanut butter sheet cake into equal squares or serve as a whole with any flavoured ice-cream.
Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top if desired.