California Spot Prawns With Grilled Baby Artichokes
|Spot prawns||1⁄2 Pound|
|Baby artichokes||4 Medium|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced and zested|
|Fresh ginger||20 Gram (1 inch piece)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|French bread slices||6 Medium (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for cooking)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
1. If you are having whole live spot prawns, place them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before cooking.
2. Rinse the artichokes in cold water and using a small paring knife cut off the tip.
3. Tear off the bottom leaves and clean off any excess.
4. Remove skin from the garlic cloves, peel and slice ginger and peel or zest lemon.
5. Using a serrated knife cut off the top part of the artichokes, gently pull the layers slightly apart and add a little bit of sea salt between the layers.
6. In a steamer over simmering water place the artichokes and steam with lid for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove them from the pot and let them cool.
8. In a pot place olive oil over very low flame, add the garlic cloves, sliced ginger and lemon peel and steep for about 15 minutes.
9. Slice artichokes into half and place over a well oiled grill pan on high heat for about 5-7 minutes.
10. On a serving plate arrange the artichokes, sprinkle with lemon juice and drizzle with infused olive oil.
11. Rinse the prawns, spread them over a paper towel and gently remove water using a tea towel.
12. Place them into a bowl and add sea salt and white pepper.
13. Place the prawns over a well oiled pan over high heat and cook for about 8-10 minutes turning halfway through.
14. On a serving plate, arrange the French bread slices(if desired) artichokes and prawns along with a cup of infused olive oil.