California Salad with Grilled Monkfish
|Monkfish filets/Firm white fish||1⁄2 Pound|
|Haas avocado||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ripe|
|Pepita seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted|
|Golden flame raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as needed)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Cut the monkfish into bite-sized pieces.
2. Over the fish grate a little lemon zest, then add salt, black pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes
3. Add 2 spoons of dijon mustard, lemon juice into a bowl and mix.
4. Chop garlic and add garlic oil, salt and pepper and mix well until nice and frothy.
5. Chop the cucumber, tomatoes and onions into chunks or rough bite sized pieces.
6. In a skillet or grill pan, heat a little olive oil, add monkfish pieces one at a time and cook for about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
7. On each of the two serving plates, place half the arugula greens and drizzle the dressing to taste and toss.
8. Add red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, papita seeds and a little raisins.
9. Place half the seared fish chunks over the salad.
10. Halve the avocado, scoop out the flesh over the salad.
11. Serve immediately as a light refreshing appetizer or as a light lunch or brunch main.
Calories 1577 Calories from Fat 1103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg7.9%
Sodium 3676.9 mg153.2%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.3%
Sugars 33.9 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 239.3% Vitamin C 157.8%
Calcium 83.3% Iron 59.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet