Deviled Pecan Honey Cornbread Dressing with Ruby Jewel Sweet Red Corn Part 3
|Ruby jewel sweet red corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1.5 cups for the mixture and ½ cup for scattering on top of the dressing)|
|Real texas honey cornbread||500 Gram, crumbled (made before)|
|Eggs||3 Large, egg whites separated and beaten until they form soft peaks|
|Pecans||5 Medium, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ancho peppers||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turbinado sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Crumble the Real Texas cornbread and set aside.
2. Heat the oven to 325 F.
3. In a bowl , beat the egg whites , until they form soft peaks.
4. Chop the Pecans and set aside.
5. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil.
6. In a bowl, mix the egg whites with the Cayenne pepper, Tabasco Sauce, Kosher salt, Garlic powder, Smoked Paprika, Onion powder, Ground Ancho peppers, Ground cumin, Worcestershire sauce and the Turbinado Sugar.
7. Add the chopped Pecans to the bowl. Mix well to coat the Pecans with the egg whites.
8. In the lined baking tray, spread the Pecan mixture in a thin and uniform layer. Bake in the oven at 325 F, for 5 minutes.
9. Let the Pecans cool and dry. Set them aside in a bowl.
10. In a bowl, Mix the diced onions with the cream of mushroom soup, milk, molten Butter and the slightly beaten eggs.
11. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
12. Add the Ruby Jewel Sweet Red Corn and Pecans to the onions. Mix well.
13. Add the crumbled pecan bread and mix well with the corn and pecan mixture. Pour in a little homemade chicken stock, if it becomes too dry.
14. In a greased baking pan, put in the Pecan and cornbread mixture. Sprinkle some ruby jewel sweet red corn and bake at 350 F for 30- 40 minutes, until the top turns golden brown.
15. Serve warm with a green salad.
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 1338 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 114 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet