5 Large (4 - chopped roughly and 1 - sliced into thin rings)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Bunch (100 gm), a few sprigs for garnish
Steps before making
1. Get the oven preheated to 400 F.
2. Lubricate the roasting tin with one teaspoon oil.
3. Chop 4 of the onions roughly.
4. Mix the cream and the milk.
5. Cut the onion into broad, fat rings.
6. In a bowl, soak the onion rings in the milk and cream mixture.
7. In a plate, mix the flour, along with the salt and pepper.
8. In the roasting tin, place the pork loin, with the fat side up.
9. Sprinkle some garlic pepper and seasoned salt over the roast.
10. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 F.
Making the onion rings
11. Dip the onion rings into the seasoned flour mix. Dust the excess flour off.
12. In a non stick frying skillet, heat ½ cup of oil and fry the onion rings on medium heat.
13. Place the fried onions on top of a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Caramelising the onions
14. In a frying skillet, melt the butter and add the Thai basil and thyme. Stir well.
15. Add the onions to the skillet and fry on medium heat.
16. When the onions turn soft, pour in the honey and mix well. Lower the heat to a medium low and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
17. After about 10 minutes, when the onions begin to change their colour, add the jalapenos and mix well. Cook for 20 more minutes.
18. Take out the roast and let it rest for 10 minutes, before cutting it into slices.
19. In a plate, place 2 slices of the pork loin roast. Using a ladle, pour some of the onion mixture over them.
20. Garnish with the fried onion rings and a sprig of fresh Thai Basil.