In this video, I will show you how to make Shanghai Drunken Chicken. I used a recipe that I got from the internet. Have fun in the kitchen and enjoy!
1) Mix salt and pepper. Rub this mixture over the whole chicken.
2) Keep the chicken aside for an hour.
3) Boil 6 cups of water in a pot.
4) Add the green onion bottom and ginger.
5) Add the chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
6) Turn off the heat after 10 minutes. Allow the chicken to poach until the water cools down to room temperature. It will take couple of hours.
7) Cut the chicken into bit-size pieces.
8) Keep the water in which the chicken is cooked in a container. keep this chicken stock in refrigerator.
9) Save 3/4 to 1/4 cup of chicken stalk and mix with sugar and cooking wine. Add salt if required.
10) Now put the chicken pieces into this marinade and keep in the refrigerator.
Shanghai Drunken Chicken is an unique kind of chicken preparation, where you need to cook the whole chicken. The chicken can become more flavored on adding the Chinese wine (cooking wine). Take a look at the recipe video.