Texas Baked Beans
|Pinto beans/Kidney / navy beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , cut into thin slices|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, soak beans overnight or quick-soak.
2. Drain water and keep aside.
3. In a pan bring water to a boil.
4. Slowly add beans to it.
5. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 2 to 3 hours until beans are tender.
6. In a skillet heat oil.
7. Add onion and saute until tender. Add cooked beans.
8. Add remaining ingredients to it. Simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Place beans in a bean pot.
10 Place it in oven and bake for about 1 hour until top is browned.
11. Serve Texas baked beans immediately.