Chocolate Victoria Sandwich
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Flour||6 Ounce (with plain flour use 1 1/2 level teaspoons baking powder)|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Butter icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Preheat oven at 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. In a bowl, take butter or margarine. Add sugar and beat it till it becomes soft, light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl, break eggs. Beat the eggs a little at a time.
4. In a bowl, add flour, baking powder and cocoa, if desired.
5. Add sieved flour and cocoa. Add enough warm water to make a soft dropping consistency.
6. Line bottom of two 7-inch sponge tins with greased greaseproof paper. Pour the above mixture into both the tins.
7. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes.
8. A great way to find out if the cake is done is if it has shrunk slightly from sides of tin. Then check it by pressing gently but firmly on top. If no impression is left by the finger, the cake is ready and can be taken out from the oven. Then, keep it aside for 2 minutes to set.
9. Invert the cake on a wire tray to cool. Remove greaseproof paper while the cake is still warm.
10. To serve Chocolate Victoria Sandwich, fill the cake with cream or chocolate butter icing.