Sweet Potatoes California
|Sweet potatoes||6 Large|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice/Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them.
3. Grate orange rind and keep it aside.
4. Pare the oranges and slice them.
5. Take a buttered 1 ½ quart baking dish and place the orange and potato slices in layers. Dot each layer with butter and top it with mixture of orange rind, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
6. Spoon apple or pineapple juice over the potatoes and cover.
7. Bake for about an hour until the thick syrup is produced.
8. Spoon the brandy over sweet potatoes California just before serving.