Sweet Potatoes California
|Sweet potatoes||6 Large|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice/Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them.
3. Grate orange rind and keep it aside.
4. Pare the oranges and slice them.
5. Take a buttered 1 ½ quart baking dish and place the orange and potato slices in layers. Dot each layer with butter and top it with mixture of orange rind, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
6. Spoon apple or pineapple juice over the potatoes and cover.
7. Bake for about an hour until the thick syrup is produced.
8. Spoon the brandy over sweet potatoes California just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2833 Calories from Fat 823
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.2%
Saturated Fat 58.6 g292.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg81.3%
Sodium 1481.5 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 469 g156.4%
Dietary Fiber 39.3 g157.1%
Sugars 306.4 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 2631.8% Vitamin C 576.3%
Calcium 54.2% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet