|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
1. Grease and flour two 7-in. tins
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F, 170°C, Gas Mark 3
3. In a large pan, tip in the margarine and sugar and cream together till the mixture is light and fluffy and almost white.
4. Crack in the whole eggs one at a time and whisk well to form a smooth mixture. Fold in the sifted flour.
5. Pour the batter into the tins and then bake at for 30 minutes.
6. Leave in tins for 2 minutes, and then cool on wire rack.
7. Remove and set aside to cool.
8. Serve warm or pack in polythene bag or heavy duty foil with squares of Cellophane or greaseproof paper for storage.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1815 Calories from Fat 907
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g97%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1612 mg67.2%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 114.4 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 90.9% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 44% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet