1. Grease and flour two 7-in. tins
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F, 170°C, Gas Mark 3
3. In a large pan, tip in the margarine and sugar and cream together till the mixture is light and fluffy and almost white.
4. Crack in the whole eggs one at a time and whisk well to form a smooth mixture. Fold in the sifted flour.
5. Pour the batter into the tins and then bake at for 30 minutes.
6. Leave in tins for 2 minutes, and then cool on wire rack.
7. Remove and set aside to cool.
8. Serve warm or pack in polythene bag or heavy duty foil with squares of Cellophane or greaseproof paper for storage.