Low Carb Scotch Eggs
|Boiled eggs||5 Large|
|Sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pork rind||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Olive oil spray||1 Dash|
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, add in the eggs and cook for 12 minutes.
2. Take out the eggs and place into a cold water bath. Peel each egg over running water and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
4. In a large bowl, add in the sausage meat and season with onions, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients with hands.
5. Divide meat into 5 sections. Flatten each section and dip into the carbquik mixture.
6. Dip the eggs into the carbquick, place over the patties and fold over the egg. Repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
7. Dip each ball into the beaten egg and coat with pork rind.
8. Place the balls in a baking dish and grease with olive oil spray.
9. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
10. Serve Scotch Eggs with mustard sauce.
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 166.8 mg55.6%
Sodium 952.1 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet